Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed Updated
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 9 comments
ApexMods has announced a new beta version for Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed, a "ruthlessly realistic and unforgiving tactical shooter" expansion pack for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. Among other things version 1.0.0b7 features 25 new maps, 50 new weapons, new game types, and improved enemy AI. Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed makes more than 150 maps available for single and multiplayer and offers over 250 weapons from which to choose.
What's new in this release (v1.0.0b7):
Check out the site below for more information.
While still in beta stage, the mod has matured considerably since its humble beginnings in 2008. Over 50,000 downloads show that the mod breathes new life into original Ghost Recon, the classic masterpiece many consider to be the best tactical shooter ever made.
- New and improved game types (over 100 total for SP/MP combined)
- Non-campaign maps feature random missions (no simple firefights)
- Heavily improved enemy AI in SP/COOP game types
- Improved score system (e.g. better stealth/detection)
- Slightly improved friendly AI
- Better external ballistics with more realistic bullet penetration
- 25 new maps, city/desert/jungle environments etc. (175 total)
- Over 50 new weapons (e.g. DSR 1, Mk14 EBR, SG-552, WA 2000, KSVK)
- Innovative new weapon zoom
- Over 1,000 equipment kits
- ACU uniforms and new accessories for Ghosts
- New marksman character
- Additional Ghost team soldier characters (new appearance)
- Additional characters for opposing force, civilians, etc.
- Reworked and streamlined multiplayer restrictions
- New sound dynamics
- New UI (menus, HUD, command map, PDA, etc.)
- New intro video
- Loads and loads of rebalancing, adjusting, fine tuning, retexturing
- Better widescreen support
- Better compatibility with 3rd party mods
- Better stability and performance (especially on low-end hardware)
- All reported bugs fixed
- And much more...
This Unofficial expansion pack for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon features over 150 maps, more than 250 weapons, tons of other new content, and is packed with ass-kicking realism and other gameplay improvements.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, June 1, 2012
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.