Divinity: Dragon Commander Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
On the heels of revealing the upcoming Divinity: Original Sin, Larian Studios has also unveiled more information about Divinity: Dragon Commander. Among the new information is the announcement that the fantasy based strategy title will be available for Macs as well as Windows PCs.
Divinity: Dragon Commander Fact Sheet:
Developer: Larian StudiosMore information about the game can be found at the links below.
GameBanshee: Dragon Commander Fact Sheet
Publisher: Larian Studios
Development started: 2010, Q3
Expected release date: 2013, Q1
Genre: Role?playing 4X strategy
Similar titles: Space Rangers 2/Star Control 2 (genre mix), Homeworld series (3D RTS), Total War series
(turn?based campaign, resource management, diplomacy, tactical control over missions)
Platforms: PC, Mac
Multiplayer mode: Up to 4 players , cooperative or PvP
Set in the time when both magic and technology were at their peak in the Divinity universe, Dragon Commander tells the story of a young dragon knight who fights for the survival of Rivellon when his father, the king, is brutally murdered for opposing the teachings of a new religion. Six nations – the elves, the dwarves, the imps, the undead, the lizards and the humans – must set aside their differences and unite to stop empress Aurora from taking over the world.
- STORY BASED SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN: Protect your home, build an empire and defeat Aurora.
- WAGE WAR ON MULTIPLE FRONTS: Cunning strategy will be required to restore peace to the lands
- GOVERN SIX NATIONS: Unite the races for the common good of Rivellon
- PLAY THE POLITICAL GAME: Favors earned through diplomacy can decide the difference between victory or defeat
- MAKE TOUGH DECISIONS: Your stance over recognizable political issues has a deep impact on your campaign.
- EXPERIENCE MULTIPLE STORYLINES: The morale of your team depends on how you interact with them
- COMMAND THE FLEET: Deploy your units, build a base and attack the enemy using real time strategy controls.
- BECOME THE DRAGON: Jump into the action and assist your fleets in dragon form
- USE YOUR DRAGON POWERS: Judicious use of dragon skills can make the difference between victory and defeat
- ADVANCE THROUGH RESEARCH: Discover new magic and technology before your enemies do
- MANAGE YOUR KINGDOM: Aid your armies by exploiting the riches of your kingdom
- UPGRADE YOUR FORCES: Upgrade your units and recruit generals to lead them in combat
Divinity: Dragon Commander
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.