Space Quest Creators Reveal Kickstarter Project
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Two Guys From Andromeda has announced the beginning of a new Kickstarter campaign to raise $500,000 for Two Guys SpaceVenture, a new sci-fi adventure game. The game will be developed by Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe, creators of the classic Space Quest series, and will feature the trademark game elements of the team's previous efforts.
Hey there, Classic Adventure Gaming fans as well as those relatively new to our worlds. Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe, aka ‘The Two Guys from Andromeda’, are back together. No, your optic orbs have not been on a bender. You read correctly. After a very brief 20+ year hiatus, we have joined forces once again and are tooling-up to bring you a new Space Adventure, or SpaceVenture™, if you will.Follow the link below to read more about the project which, if funded, will be available for a variety of platforms including Mac.
Kickstarter: Two Guys SpaceVenture
We fully intend to bring back every element that you guys loved from our original games! You’ve been very clear and concise as to what you enjoyed from our previous efforts. Here’s a short list of things you can expect if our project gets funded:
- A Sci-fi adventure from Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe working happily together as a team once again.
- Hilarious death sequences
- Tons of the fresh (and moldy) pop-culture references
- Fun and unique humor
- Art design and direction by Mark
- Dialog that will make you blow nostril Tang, written by Scott along with Mark
- Narration of all this by Gary Owens and the voice acting of other characters by the above mentioned quality industry voice talent
- Game music that will hopefully give you chills and wedge in your main orb for the rest of your natural Earth life and make you wish you lived inside your computer!
- A game that you will feel comfortable playing with your children, but with some entertainment that will safely appeal only to the adult psyche
Yes, we know, they all say that, but WE really mean it! Fresh from the Sarcasm Cluster and the Hyperbole Nebula, this is the first Kickstarter effort by the Two Guys From Andromeda. We're here to tell you THIS is huge to us.
We really are going to do things differently than some of the other campaigns you may have seen, even though we love those people, so don't take that in a mean spirited manner. We know you guys are aching for something truly special, so we've been butting heads in the Andromedan luxury bunker to come up with a way you guys can feel extra, extra special while we empty your bank accounts for our own devious, suspect ends: You are going to get something fun to play throughout our Kickstarter campaign! Yeah, you read that right!
Here is what we’re talking about:
- Every time we reach another $100,000 milestone, we’ll release another enhanced demo version for you to play.
- The playable demos will be the direct ideas of Scott and Mark. (Who else?)
- We will take your feedback to improve the demos for each milestone.
- The demos will be written in HTML5, a programming language that will make the games compatible with most browsers and smart phones right out of the gate!
Two Guys From Andromeda
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Monday, May 7, 2012
Friday, May 4, 2012
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.