The Darkness II Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
TransGaming and 2K Games recently announced the release of The Darkness II for Mac. The first person shooter draws on the horror genre to add chills to the tried and true action formula. The game is inspired by the comic book series from Top Cow Productions, putting players in the role of Jackie Estacado, a man who must come to grips with his destructive powers to stay alive.
The Darkness II continues the story of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and brutal force of chaos and destruction known as the Darkness. Introducing unique Quad-Wielding™ combat and four-person cooperative gameplay distinct from the first-person campaign, The Darkness II breaks the mold of traditional first-person shooter titles.Learn more about the game at the links below.
- 4-Player Co-op Campaign - Play as one of four unique characters each capable of wielding weapons infused with Darkness powers.
- Quad-Wielding Chaos - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- Harness an Unstoppable Power - Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay.
Kill the Lights - The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon.
- Intense and Personal Journey - Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- Distinctive Graphic-Noir Style - Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) / Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion) or higher
- Intel Core 2 Duo or better
- 2 GB or higher RAM
- At least 10 GB of free hard drive space is required
- AMD HD2600 / Nvidia 9600GT graphics card with at least 256 MB VRAM or higher
- Keyboard and mouse
The Darkness II
Buy The Darkness II
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 23, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.