Telepath Tactics Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Sinister Design has announced development on Telepath Tactics. Set in the world of the Telepath RPG universe, the turn-based multiplayer tactics game will feature support for up to six players in hotseat mode, a new art style, redesigned UI, and a new combat engine.
Have you ever played a game like Fire Emblem or FF Tactics and thought "Man, this is awesome, but I really want to play this against my friends right here in the comfort of my own home?" Well, now you can! Telepath Tactics is a multiplayer turn-based tactics game set in the Telepath RPG universe* that seeks to bring the Super Smash Brothers experience to turn-based tactics. Supporting up to 6 players in hotseat mode, you can comfortably invite friends over, open up some beers, build some armies, and commence the tactical butt-kicking. (You can also play over the internet; beers optional.)Learn more at the site below.
Telepath Tactics features a gorgeous new art style, a totally redesigned UI, and a brand new combat engine that both expands upon and deepens what players saw in Telepath RPG: Servants of God. Matches feature elevation effects, status effects, random item drops, multiple play modes, and multiple elemental strengths and weaknesses for each of the game's 22 unique unit classes.
Here is the full List of Assorted Bullet Points for your edification:
- See the world of Telepath RPG as you’ve never seen it before, with gorgeous hand-drawn pixel art by Lorne Whiting!
- Destroy walls, build bridges and lay explosives, changing the face of the battlefield to your advantage!
- Capture the high ground to get damage and range bonuses for your ranged attacks!
- Fling enemies off of cliffs and into environmental hazards like water and lava!
Inflict nasty status effects like blindness, burning, weakness and stun!
- Control the map to grab item drops before your opponent does!
- Build an army from 22 different classes, each with its own movement type, unique attacks, and elemental strengths and weaknesses. Or, if you prefer, have the computer select armies at random!
- Battle with multiple play modes, including Last Man Standing and Capture the Flag.
- Customize matches with fog of war, ally pass-through, custom respawn, turn timers, and other options.
- Games support up to 6 players at once. Battle up to 5 AI opponents and/or friends right on your computer in hotseat multiplayer, or have an asynchronous long-distance match via email.
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 16, 2012
Friday, April 13, 2012
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.