Dangerous Comes To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Binary Helix has announced the release of Dangerous for Macs. Described as an "epic sandbox 3D space combat RPG," the game makes use of an advanced virtual machine to give life to more than 600 NPC pilots roaming the galaxy. Players take the role of a Buck Rogers style character awakened from a century long cryo-sleep, and must decide if they will be hero or villain.
Dangerous is an epic 3D open and living world space sandbox combat RPG with an engaging story. You have been awoken from cryo sleep a century later, and must discover the truth. Are you the feared war criminal or the savior of the universe or both? Gather your wingmen and travel the galaxy in search of answers. Along the way, you'll encounter a Universal AI, a shadow group protecting the future, a cult bent on apocalypse, a runaway princess, a schizophrenic robot, a beautiful lieutenant of the Royal Navy, a fearsome mercenary, a suicidal slave, and a playboy fighter ace. Discover intrigue, betrayal, love, and redemption. Learn more about the game at the website below.
- 3D real-time sandbox game built with Unity game engine
- metallic shader, lighting, particle effects, lens flare, explosions, fx
- space combat RPG with extensive skill tree
- open and living universe where 600+ ships fly around autonomously
- epic story with dialogue system that allows real choices
- recruit 6 wingmen and 2 can fly with you at a time
- romance and mini-game are integral
- recruit 5 corporate pilots who can fly trade routes on your behalf
- trade, fight, mine, pirate, scan for derelict ships and wormholes
- many mission types: epic, freelance, dynamic, wingman acquisition, faction loyalty
- deep combat mechanics, AI, and faction standings
- 20+ ships, 180+ modules, 33 solar systems with a unique follow-through-warp mechanic
- 15+ factions to vie favor or destroy
- cinematic camera shows you the action when it happens
- fly manually with or without Newtonian physics or use autopilots exclusively
- 22 track theatrical-quality soundtrack by renown composer, Sean Beeson
- Pick a perk when starting out! You'll be able to customize your game right off the bat by choosing a perk that lets you start the game with one skill already maxed: Warp Navigation, Master Trader, Scan Probe, or none.
- The epic story asks: Are you a hero or war criminal? Defender of slavers, cults, or freedom? Human or something else?
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012
Friday, March 30, 2012
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.