The Darkness II Officially Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
TransGaming has officially announced a partnership with 2K Games to bring the The Darkness II to the Mac. The first person shooter draws on the horror genre to add chills to the tried and true action formula. The game is inspired by the comic book series from Top Cow Productions, putting players in the role of Jackie Estacado, a man who must come to grips with his destructive powers to stay alive.
“TransGaming and 2K Games are committed to delivering the most immersive and innovative entertainment experiences to consumers, ” commented Vikas Gupta, CEO & President of TransGaming Inc. “We’re pleased to expand our partnership with 2K Games and bring one of their most anticipated titles to Mac. The Darkness II offers ground-breaking gameplay and Mac gamers will love stepping into its highly stylized, narrative-driven action.”Learn more about the game at the link below
The Darkness II (add to watch list)
The Darkness II continues the story of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and brutal force of chaos and destruction known as the Darkness. Introducing unique Quad-Wielding™ combat and four-person cooperative gameplay distinct from the first-person campaign, The Darkness II breaks the mold of traditional first-person shooter titles.
The partnership with 2K Games represents an expansion of the existing relationship between TransGaming Inc. and Take-Two Interactive Software. The relationship began with Rockstar Games and the successful launch of the Mac version of their acclaimed Grand Theft Auto Trilogy.
- 4-Player Co-op Campaign - Play as one of four unique characters each capable of wielding weapons infused with Darkness powers.
- Quad-Wielding Chaos - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- Harness an Unstoppable Power - Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay.
Kill the Lights - The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon.
- Intense and Personal Journey - Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- Distinctive Graphic-Noir Style - Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow.
The Steam version of The Darkness II will be fully featured and will support SteamPlay and SteamWorks. It will also allow play between Mac and PC versions in multiplayer.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) / Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion) or higher
- Intel Core 2 Duo or better
- 2 GB or higher RAM
- At least 10 GB of free hard drive space is required
- AMD HD2600 / Nvidia 9600GT graphics card with at least 256 MB VRAM or higher
- Keyboard and mouse
Buy The Darkness II
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.