New Torchlight II Screenshots Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Worthplaying has posted a collection of new screenshots from Runic Games' upcoming action RPG, Torchlight II. In addition to a variety of monster types to slay and items to gather the sequel will introduce cooperative multiplayer action, a new user interface, and random dungeons.
Torchlight II captures the quirky charm and furious action of the original, while expanding the world and including the features players wanted most. Torchlight II is fast, fun, and filled to the brim with action and loot. Adventure solo, or online with your friends!Head over to the site below to see more.
Worthplaying: Torchlight II Screenshots
The most exciting new feature of Torchlight II is the multiplayer component. Play with friends old and new, using the free matchmaking service. Together you'll discover expansive outdoor areas and ominous caverns; random dungeons teem with a huge variety of all new monsters and villains, powerful magical loot, and quests to complete. Journey through vastly differing locales, enjoying all new weather features, time of day events, and a new and more deeply developed story.
Years ago, the Heroes of Torchlight saved the world from the ancient evil, Ordrak. Now someone has stolen the essence of his power, and is using it to upset the balance of the six elements. After witnessing the destruction wrought by this terrible artifact, you'll begin a quest to uncover the villain's identity and avert disaster. The trail leads from the beleaguered Estherian Steppes, through the war-torn Mana Wastes and the haunted ruins of an ancient dwarven city, before descending to a realm where no mortal has set foot for thousands of years—and where an even more terrible evil struggles to unleash itself into the world.
- Multi-player – Play with your friends over the internet for free. No subscriptions, no item sales. And, our new matchmaking peer-to-peer service lets you find friends, start and join games for exciting co-op play. Of course, you can play single-player offline as well.
- Customizable Characters – Players will create and customize a character from one of four brand new classes. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make each individual character stand out. All new skills and loot give loads of opportunity for unique character builds.
- Moddability – Torchlight II will release with an all new version of TorchEd, the Torchlight editor. Players will have the option to create their own mods, adding even more content to the world. Have your friends download the same mod and play together.
- New User Interface – Torchlight II boasts a new and improved user interface, designed to be easier than ever for new players to pick up and play. This intuitive interface ensures you can focus on playing the game the way you want to.
- Open World – We’re not only in the town of Torchlight anymore! Explore vast overland areas and multiple hub towns, fight through rain, snow, day and night. Our level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.
- Retirement System – Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can ?retire? and bestow specific benefits and perks onto new characters. Their legacy will live on!
- Pets and Fishing – These popular features make their return in Torchlight 2 in improved form. More choices, better effects, and your pet will still make the run to town to sell your loot so you don’t have to.
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, February 13, 2012
Friday, February 10, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.