Darkness II Coming This March To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
2K Games' Darkness II will be making its way to Macs this March. The first person shooter draws on the horror genre to add chills to the tried and true action formula. The game is inspired by the comic book series from Top Cow Productions, putting players in the role of Jackie Estacado, a man who must come to grips with his destructive powers to stay alive.
Inspired by the popular comic book series produced by Top Cow Productions, Inc., The Darkness II is an intense first person shooter that delivers a twisted and gripping narrative of tragedy, modern crime drama, and supernatural horror.Learn more at the link below.
The Darkness II
Players will be taken down the brutal and personal path of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and ruthless force of chaos and destruction known as The Darkness.
It’s been two years since Jackie Estacado used The Darkness to kill the men responsible for his girlfriend’s murder. He’s been unable to shake the memory of Jenny’s death since bottling up his supernatural power and now The Darkness wants out. A sudden, unprovoked attack by a mysterious organization known as the Brotherhood heralds the start of a full-scale war and opens the door for The Darkness to reemerge, setting Jackie on a journey to hell and worse.
- 4-Player Co-op Campaign - Play as one of four unique characters each capable of wielding weapons infused with Darkness powers.
- Quad-Wielding Chaos - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- Harness an Unstoppable Power - Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay.
- Kill the Lights - The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon.
- Intense and Personal Journey - Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- Distinctive Graphic-Noir Style - Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) / Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion) or higher
- Intel Core 2 Duo or better
- 2 GB or higher RAM
- At least 10 GB of free hard drive space is required
- AMD HD2600 / Nvidia 9600GT graphics card with at least 256 MB VRAM or higher
- Keyboard and mouse
- Exclusively available on the Steam platform
Buy The Darkness II
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, February 10, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Monday, February 6, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.