Rage: Campaign Edition Released For Mac
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 31 comments
Aspyr Media and id Software have released Rage: Campaign Edition for Mac. The post-apocalyptic action game combines elements of racing and shooting titles with a dash of role playing thrown in for good measure. The Campaign Edition also includes bonus equipment from the Anarchy Edition and the bonus Wasteland Sewers Missions.
Can you survive the Wasteland?!Rage: Campaign Edition is available now for $39.99 (USD).
From the makers of Doom and Quake, RAGE is a groundbreaking first-person shooter set in the not-too-distant future after an asteroid impacts Earth, leaving a ravaged world behind. You emerge into this vast wasteland to discover humanity working to rebuild itself against such forces as bandit gangs, mutants, and the Authority Ė an oppressive government regime that has a special interest in you in particular. Featuring intense first-person shooter action, breakneck vehicle combat, an expansive world to explore and jaw-dropping graphics powered by idís revolutionary id Techģ 5 technology, RAGE promises an experience like no other.
RAGE: Campaign Edition features the full, unaltered RAGE single-player campaign; bonus equipment formerly exclusive to the Anarchy Edition, including double barrel shotgun, rat rod buggy, fists of rage, and crimson elite armor; and the bonus Wasteland Sewers Missions.
- Visceral 1st-person gunplay and exploration: Take on bandit gangs and hordes of mutants using an arsenal of exotic weapons and special items, such as Wingsticks, personal turrets, sentry bots, and remote-controlled bomb cars.
- Frenetic 3rd-person vehicular mayhem: Burn rubber across the wasteland in your very own super buggy! Upgrade and customize your car with special parts, paint jobs and weapons, then test your skills as you battle four-wheeling bandit clans and participate in deadly races.
- An expansive experience: Beyond the first-person action and vehicle combat, RAGE offers a world open to explore, with unique characters, side quests, and a compelling storyline.
- Graphics that have to be seen to be believed: Powered by idís cutting-edge new id Tech 5 engine, new Megatexture technology brings the vast wasteland to life in never-before-possible detail.
- Bonus Content: The Wasteland Sewer Missions and Anarchy additional content are included in the Mac release!
- Operating System: 10.7.2 (Lion)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 25 GB
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 3870
- Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 8800
- Video Memory (VRam): 256MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
- Supported Video Cards
NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800
NVIDIA GEFORCE 9600
NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 120
NVIDIA GEFORCE 330M
ATI RADEON HD 3870
ATI RADEON HD 4670
ATI RADEON HD 4850
ATI RADEON HD 5670
ATI RADEON HD 5750
ATI RADEON HD 5770
ATI RADEON HD 5870
ATI RADEON HD 6630M
ATI RADEON HD 6750M
ATI RADEON HD 6970M
Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Not Supported:
Integrated video chipsets are not supported (GMA 950 Mac Mini(2006,2007), iMac(2006), Macbook(2006,2007), GMA X3100 Macbook(2007,2008), MacBook Air(2008-2011))
NOTICE: Apple Intel Chipsets only.
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
Rage: Campaign Edition
Buy Rage: Campaign Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.