Oil Rush Available Now
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Unigine Corp. has announced that the global war for oil in the flooded post-apocalyptic world of Oil Rush is now available for Mac, Linux, and Windows PCs. The real-time naval strategy game combines elements of classic real time strategy titles with the action of tower defense games.
Iceberg CEO Erik Schreuder says: “We are thrilled to see that Oil Rush is now finished and look forward to the multi-platform release on PC, Mac and Linux in the coming days and weeks. Oil Rush is a very addictive and great looking strategy game that gives the genre a boost and a twist at the same time. UNIGINE has already proven a valuable partner for our company and I can surely see us extending our business in the near future, so keep an eye out.”For more information about the game follow the link below.
Oil Rush is a real-time naval strategy game that combines the strategic challenge of a classic RTS with the sheer fun of Tower Defence, while featuring state-of-the-art visuals. The game is based on group control: the player doesn’t have to micro-manage every unit but has control over all important aspects of tactics, strategy and economy. Capture, upgrade and defend floating production platforms and oil rigs. Discover new technologies and send groups of naval and air units into battle to capture enemy platforms and oil rigs.
Earth, post-nuclear war. Melted ice caps have raised the sea level dramatically, changing the face of the planet forever. The last survivors live on the remaining spots of dry land and floating sea platforms. Remnant armies have evolved into rival factions still fighting for power, turning the planet into a massive battlefield, the key to which is oil [a.k.a. black gold ;)].
- State-of-the-art visuals powered by the UNIGINE engine
- Dynamic and fun gameplay - furious enemies, massive battles, rampant attacks!
- 16 missions of single-player campaign offering variety of tactics and environments, from the half-flooded jungles to icebergs, slowly melting as they float in the cold northern seas.
- 15 maps for multiplayer battles, each with multiple winning strategies
- Multi-player over LAN and Internet
- Multi-platform - Windows/Mac OS X/ Linux (buy once, play everywhere)
- Mod SDK is planned for release shortly
Buy Oil Rush
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.