Vendetta Online Update Fixes Bot Drops
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Guild Software has released a new patch for its massively-multiplayer online space strategy game, Vendetta Online. The latest update brings the game to version 1.8.199 and includes a variety of new updates, bug fixes, and content additions.
Changes offered in the recent update:
Check out the links below for more information.
Vendetta Online Update Info
Bot Drops -
- Bots no longer drop cargo if they are not damaged at all by players. If a player damages a bot but does not destroy it, cargo is still dropped.
- Nation choices are now randomized in the Character Creation menu.
- Added support for Android devices with PowerVR graphics.
- Further reduced raw materials needed to manufacture the Trident.
- Trident Type M cargo expanded to 600cu.
- Mass of Fused Composite Plating significantly reduced.
We had developed a bit of an issue with people "mining" bot drops by having NPCs fight one another, and keeping the sector artificially "alive" by flying out into the distance. This was both troublesome for my ability to create rare drops that couldn't easily be mined, as well as a load on the server (some of these NPC battles are pretty intensive, meaning server resources are being used where no one is actually playing).Trident Changes -
Thus, the solution was to have bots only drop items when they have sustained damage from a player character. We didn't do that originally, in the interest of maintaining a kind of "equality" between PC and NPC characters, but it really wasn't worthwhile given the later tradeoffs.
Hopefully this will make the tridents more easily constructable. We are planning more capship changes, but all development has to be juggled by immediate priority. To get a more complete list of what changed in the Trident Type M build tree, see the Suggestions Forum thread.
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 28, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.