EVE Online: Crucible Launched
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
CCP Games' Crucible, the fifteenth free expansion for the company's sci-fi MMO EVE Online has been released. The expansion includes changes to graphics, interface, and game mechanics, with over three dozen updated and improved features based on feedback and challenges put forth by its player community.
Within EVE’s eternal crucible of warfare, politics and industry, even the most passionate and skilled are tested. EVE Online: CRUCIBLE pumps the bellows, turning up the heat on the space combat experience in EVE Online. In the factional shipyards, new ships have been forged to expand the reach of war and evolve the tactics of space engagement while existing vessels have been reimagined, bringing greater balance and diversity to large and small scale conflicts.Learn more about the Crucible expansion at the link below.
EVE Online: Crucible
This winter, CRUCIBLE evolves the graphics, interface and game mechanics with over three dozen updated and improved features based on feedback and challenges put forth by its players.
This is EVE re-forged.
The global melting-pot/universe of player personalities sees a melting pot of improvements to match as CCP laser focuses on getting back to basics with its infamous internet spaceships.
Some of the major improvements players are lauding:
- Four fan-designed battlecruisers built to deliver swift and effective destruction to the opposition
- Over a dozen stunningly remade nebulae, changing the look and feel of EVE's universe completely
- Other fan-favorite graphical improvements such as engine trails, warp tunnels and shadows
- Time dilation in fleet flights -- adjusting time itself to keep fairness alive when hundreds of players face off against each other
- 3 new factional captain's quarters with unique, artistic looks
- A significant ship rebalancing effort, to bring greater diversity and balance to large and small scale conflicts
- A lot of small changes -- from fonts to UI to Doomsday devices to PvE tweaks
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 28, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.