Sid Meier's Civilization V Game Of The Year Edition Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Aspyr Media has announced the release of Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition for Mac users. Developed by Firaxis Games , the title includes a newly updated version of Civilization V as well as bonus digital content. The bonus additions include the Babylon, Spain and Inca, Polynesia, and Denmark - The Vikings Civilization and Scenario Packs in addition to the Cradle of Civilization and Explorer's Map Packs.
The flagship of the Civilization series returns in an all-new Game of the Year Edition. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition is the fifth offering in the multi-award winning Civilization strategy game series featuring the famous “just one more turn” addictive gameplay that has made it one of the greatest game series of all time. Included is the newly updated base version of the game and over $40 in bonus and digital content including: Civilization Pack: Babylon, All 4 Cradle of Civilization Map Packs Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca, Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia, Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings, and the Explorer’s Map Pack!Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition is available now for $49.95 (USD).
- Civilization V Mac introduces hexagon tiles allowing for deeper strategy, more realistic gameplay and stunning organic landscapes for players to explore as they expand their empire.
- The brand new engine orchestrates a spectacular visual experience featuring fully animated leaders interacting with players from a screen-filling diplomatic scene and speaking in their native language for the first time.
- Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe.
- Expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V Mac offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players.
- An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions.
- Wars between empires feel massive as armies dominate the landscape, and combat is more exciting and intense than ever before.
- The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Write your own epic story each time you play. Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world's most powerful empire.
- System: 10.6.4 or later
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 8 GB
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD2600
- Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 8600
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Media Required: DVD-ROM
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
- Requires Steam for activation
- Supported Video Cards:
NVIDIA GeForce® 8600, 8800, 9600M, GT 120, 320M, 330M
ATI Radeon HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6490, HD 6750
Intel HD 3000
- Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication
Civilization V: Game Of The Year Edition
Buy Civilization V: Game Of The Year Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.