Battle Academy - Operation Sealion Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Slitherine and Matrix Games have announced Battle Academy – Operation Sealion, an upcoming new expansion for the WWII tactical game series, Battle Academy. The expansion chronicles the hypothetical German invasion of Great Britain and includes new units, ten new single player missions, and a new building set. Operation Sealion is nearing completion and the developers are currently looking for beta testers to assist in the final adjustments.
About Battle Academy – Operation SealionFind out more about the new expansion at the links below.
Battle Academy - Operation Sealion
It is September 1940, and the Germans launch their invasion of Britain. In this fictional "What If?" Campaign , you command the Home Guard's desperate counterattacks against German glider troops and the tenacious defence of the South Coast Sea Front. Mount "Butcher and Bolt" missions with the clandestine Auxiliary Units or land coastal raiders from Motor Gun Boats. Can you hold back the might of Operation Sealion?
- New British Units - Homeguard, Sticky Bombers, Guy Armoured Car, MkVI Light Tank, A10 and A13 Cruiser tanks, 4inch Gun Lorry, Armadillo Armoured truck, Boyes Rifle Carrier, Auxilliary Unit Commandos and snipers, and Motor Gun Boats
- Ten varied single player missions - new "silent kill" attacks allow for clandestine stealth missions, while naval units allow raiders to be transported around coastal maps.
- New 1940s British Terrain and Building set, complete with red postboxes and telephone kiosks.
Operation Sealion is nearing completion but still needs a little help from the community first. Slitherine and Matrix Games are currently looking for beta testers to help make the expansion just as successful as the previous two. If you’d like to sign up for the beta, head to Slitherine’s beta signup page (and submit your application!
- 1.6 GHz Intel processor.
- 512 MB RAM (1GB recommended)
- OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- 1 GB free hard disk space
- Integrated graphics supporting OpenGL 1.1 (Discrete graphics with 256 MB dedicated RAM recommended)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
Friday, September 30, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.