Making History II: The War of the World Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Macgamestore.com has announced the addition of Muzzy Lane Software's Making History II: The War of the World to its webstore. Now available for purchase, the strategy game allows players to join the fray as a leader during World War II. Contending with warfare and domestic concerns gamers will have a chance to reshape the destiny of nations.
International trade, religious and cultural strife, military campaigns, diplomatic negotiations... here, you control it all. MAKING HISTORY II: The War of the World gives players the power to take full control of any world nation, colonies, regions, cities, and military units during the time leading up to and during the Second World War. Armchair generals and fans of grand strategy can take their turns building great empires or protecting the world from tyranny during these pivotal moments in world history.Making History II: The War of the World is available now for $20 (USD), a 33% discount.
Making History II: The War Of The World
In addition to nation-level trade and diplomatic concerns, you are tasked with managing region and city-level projects, choosing the right technologies to research, directing military movement and development, conducting international diplomacy, maintaining domestic stability and producing resources vital to making everything else possible. Developing production and research facilities in Cities transforms them into centers of industry and technology. Upgraded cities can produce new units and unlock advanced technologies. At the region level, you can build large-scale defensive structures such as radar arrays and fortifications, develop transportation infrastructure, and expand the resource production needed to fuel your economy. Victory on the world stage will require that all levels of your empire work together towards your goals.
Every turn offers countless decisions and options to move forward, writing the history of your empire. Will you block trade routes with your navy, choking off enemy supplies? Will you grant a restless ethnic or religious group independence to prevent widespread revolt? Will you build up your trade agreements and expand your influence with industrial might, or invest in an expensive, technologically advanced army to crush all opposition? In addition to keeping domestic and economic plans on track, you will be challenged by outside powers -- Controlled by human players in a multiplayer match or period-inspired AI -- that will pursue their own national agendas and interfere in the affairs of you and your allies. A shifting political and economic landscape keeps world powers busy adjusting plans, preparing for inevitable clashes.
No two games of MHII will be the same as there are an unlimited number of ways to achieve your goals. The choices you make determine the history of your nation. Whether that history will speak of a liberator or a conqueror is up to you.
- Control hundreds of different land, sea and air units that represent historic vehicles and weapons used by major and minor powers of the era.
- Research an array of weapon systems and tactical improvements that allow upgrades for existing forces and structures to match advancing technology.
- Fly bombing missions against industrial and military targets or establish air patrols over enemy regions.
- Manage an extensive economic system covering production of resources, domestic food consumption, and international trade.
- Initiate infrastructure projects that modernize your nation and expand your economic potential.
- Construct factories and research facilities that increase the power of your nation or sabotage and destroy the buildings controlled by your enemies.
- Battle an intelligent AI that instigates, reacts and adapts to the changing game dynamics, generating action on the home front and abroad.
- Encounter unique nations, each with their own characteristics that influence behavior.
- Discover diverse populations divided by culture, ethnicity, religion and political ideology; factors that destabilize nations, provoking revolts, coups and civil wars.
- Develop your colonies, liberate captured nations, establish puppet states or annex enemy territories.
- Engage in espionage and interfere in the internal affairs of your neighbors.
- Play any nation on a beautifully rendered 3D world map.
- Enjoy a new, innovative multiplayer system that greatly reduces the obstacles to long-term games.
- Plus much more!
- Mac OS: OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or later
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (PowerPC not supported)
- RAM: 2GB
- Video Memory: 256 MB
Buy Making History II: The War Of The World
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, September 30, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.