OIO Comes To Macgamestore.com
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Uncanny Games' new side-scrolling platform adventure, OIO is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. Based on concepts from mythology and fairy tales, the game puts players in the role of a small wooden man awakened from petrified sleep. The game features 12 scrolling levels to explore, a mystery to solve, and a variety of puzzles to solve.
OIO is a platformer game where you have to grow wood elements to solve various puzzles and situations.OIO is available now for $9.95 (USD).
The player controls OIO, a little wooden character, who can grow wooden beams by throwing special seeds on fertile grounds. As he wakes up in a strange universe made of wood, OIO finds that all his wooden companions are petrified.
Being left alone in this gigantic place, he will embark for a journey that will help him understand what happened to his people.
He will retrace the history of the wood civilization and how the steel changed everything in the run to more power and technology.
To understand why he is now alone, OIO progress through various levels and environments.
OIO’s power can be used in different ways, mixing classic platform gameplay and puzzle situations.He is able to combine up to three wooden beams at the same time.
He will use them to climb cliffs, jump higher, solve puzzles and control the fire propagation.
A new approach of classic platformer with an original and fresh core gameplay: grow up to three wooden beams and combine them to progress.
- Get on a memorable journey through a wooden made universe to unveil the darkness surrounding the world.
- Solve puzzles with a variety of resolutions.
- Control the fire propagation along the beams.
- Deep exploration of the levels rewarded by revealing the past of this strange universe.
- A unique handmade-like art style.
- 12 levels across various environments from the underground to the top of a gigantic construction.
- A final confrontation for the sake of your people.
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.