Falcon 4.0: Allied Force Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Graphsim Entertainment has announced the release of Falcon 4.0: Allied Force for Mac OSX. The game includes "numerous advancements over its predecessor, resulting in a flight simulation of incredible detail and realism." Some of the new additions include a new Balkans Theatre of Operations with 18 upgraded or new campaigns, new multiplayer engine, new high resolution terrain, and improved artificial intelligence.
"The Falcon franchise is one of the most successful flight sim properties ever created, and we've certainly built upon this legacy with Falcon 4.0: Allied Force," says Jeff Morgan, President of Graphsim Entertainment. "Exciting new scenarios, game mechanics, and vast feature set improvements have been added. We are certain the advanced play will be met with great enthusiasm from the Falcon fan base and Mac flight sim enthusiasts," he added.Falcon 4.0: Allied Force is available for $19.95. Learn more at the links below.
The franchise that set standards for realism and accuracy for the flight sim genre returns to Mac with Falcon 4.0: Allied Force, one of the most comprehensive and powerful combat flight simulators ever made for non-military use. Based on the best multi-role fighter ever built, the U.S. Air Force's F-16 Falcon, Falcon 4.0: Allied Force offers new features and upgrades that enable players to simulate an entire war via the most advanced and truly dynamic campaign engine ever made for personal computers.
New advancements implemented in Falcon 4.0: Allied Force include a new Balkans Theatre of Operations with 18 upgraded or new campaigns; a new multiplayer engine with easy-to-setup user interface; new high-resolution terrain mesh and terrain textures, and vastly improved artificial intelligence for better ground strikes and air-to-air combat.
Other sophisticated features of Falcon 4.0: Allied Force include:
- Pilot three different variants of the F-16 Fighting Falcon;
- Two operational theaters: Korea and the Balkans;
- A variety of air-to-air missiles such as the AIM-120 AMRAAM and AIM-9 Sidewinder;
- Cooperative or adversarial multi-player flight over a LAN or internet;
- Wide-sweeping ground, air and sea radars;
- Real-world doctrine and tactics from wingmen in all aspects of their missions;
- AWACS assistance for finding targets when defending from interception;
- An array of challenging enemy aircraft, as well as sea and ground defenses - all of which employ real attack and defense tactics;
- Authentic Air Traffic Control procedures via your aircraft's radio.
Falcon 4.0: Allied Force
Buy Falcon 4.0: Allied Force
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.