Duke Nukem Update Adds Cross Platform Multiplayer
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Aspyr Media has announced the release of a new update for the Mac version of Duke Nukem Forever. In addition to bug fixes and improvements the patch also adds the ability to carry up to four weapons in single player mode, and thanks to the addition of cross platform multiplayer support the chance to compete against Windows version players.
Big news for Duke Nukem fans! Aspyr has recently finished work on the latest Duke Nukem Forever patch, and the update should be live shortly (if it isn’t already). The patch matches pretty much everything from the initial PC patch, including the ability to carry up to four weapons in single player. But the really kickass part? Cross-platform multiplayer is now at your fingertips! We’ve put together a short FAQ below (after the jump) that will hopefully answer any questions you may have. If we missed anything, let us know in the comments!Head over to the page below to learn more.
Great–a new patch! So, uh, what’s been changed or fixed?
Here’s an official list of updates:
- Mac-to-PC multiplayer compatibility
- 4-weapon inventory option (single player only)
- MP Server favorites
- FOV can be modified
- Change VOIP to push-to-talk (bandwidth fix)
- VAC anti-cheat system enabled
- Auto-aim fix
- Blood effects on surfaces behind enemies when shot
- Texture quality improvements
- Fixes to prevent single player and multiplayer save data corruption
- Leaderboard exploit fixed
- Crash/compatibility fixes and other minor bugs
Duke Nukem Forever
Buy Duke Nukem Forever
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Monday, September 5, 2011
Friday, September 2, 2011
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.