The Final Hours Of Portal 2 Comes To Steam
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Valve has announced the Steam release of The Final Hours of Portal 2, an extensive behind-the-scenes look at the making of the first person puzzler. Written by Geoff Keighley the digital book features exclusive photos, videos, and interviews.
About the Digital BookThe Final Hours is available for $1.99. Follow the link below for more information.
The Final Hours Of Portal 2
The Final Hours of Portal 2 takes you deep within the top-secret offices of Valve for an unvarnished look at the creative process behind the new video game Portal 2. Journalist Geoff Keighley was granted unprecedented “fly on the wall” access to Valve to create this staggering 15,000 word multimedia experience. From the hush-hush Portal prequel that was shelved to the last minute scramble to complete the game’s story, The Final Hours of Portal 2 is a gripping and dramatic story brought to life by exclusive photos, videos, interviews, interactive experiences, and other surprises.
In The Final Hours of Portal 2 Valve reveals:
Interactive Highlights Include:
- That Portal 2 actually began as a prequel to the first game without portals or GLaDOS.
- The Directed Design Experiments created after Half-Life 2: Episode 2, including video of a never-before-disclosed project, Two Bots, One Wrench.
- How the story of Portal 2 evolved during development. See images and read surprising details.
- How it worked with Jonathan Coulton to create "Want You Gone," the closing song to the game.
- Play with portals in an interactive diagram where you learn how portals work.
- 360 degree panorama photos of the Valve office and design labs.
- Listen to the songs that inspired the Portal 2 development team.
- Hear Jonathan Coulton's Portal 2 song in various stages of development.
- Puppet Wheatley in an interactive experience
- Destroy Aperture Science by wiping your fingers over the screen.
- Interact with fans and voice your opinion via polls and a feedback form.
Buy Portal 2
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, May 16, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.