Star Wars: Empire At War Digital Download Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 3 comments
The digital download version of Aspyr Media's Star Wars: Empire at War is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The strategy title puts players in control of ground and space warfare in the Star Wars universe. Set during the time period of the original move trilogy, Empire at War lets gamers join the Empire or Rebellion in a struggle to conquer the galaxy.
Star Wars: Empire at War puts the power to command an entire war for the Star Wars galaxy in the hands of players, giving them the freedom to determine how they play the game within completely scalable and accessible gameplay. Set a few years before the events of Episode IV A New Hope, LucasArts’ Empire at War lets players wage war on the ground and in space, as well as experience the creation of the Rebel Alliance, the strengthening of the Empire and the beginnings of the Galactic Civil War.Star Wars: Empire at War is available now for $29.95 (USD). Head over to the links below to learn more.
Using an entirely new game engine created by the Las Vegas-based developer Petroglyph, Empire at War features beautifully rendered land and space battles set on memorable planets such as Yavin IV, Tatooine and Dagobah, as well as never-before-seen environments taken directly from the Star Wars films and expanded universe novels. In the game, players choose to join either the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire, building and setting up tactical forces to unleash upon the enemy in real-time 3D. Memorable Star Wars hero characters can be brought into the action to help turn the tide of the battle as players build, manage and upgrade their space and ground-based units, vehicles, troops and base structures.
- Real-time strategy game takes place between the two trilogies through "A New Hope"
- Play with a multitude of heroes for each side, each with their own abilities
- Control the battle between Rebel and Empire forces on both land and in space
- Dual-layered game play requires you to manage both strategic and tactical levels
- Play campaign across more than 40 planets, or play multiplayer with up to 8 players
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Processor: Intel chipset
- CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz or faster
- Memory: 512 MB or higher
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600
- Video Card (NVidia): GeForce 7300
- Video Memory (VRam): 128 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
- Multiplayer Requirements: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Internet play requires broadband connection.
Supported Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce® 7300, 7600, 7800, 8600, 8800, 9400, 9600, GT 120, Quadro FX 4500, ATI Radeon X1600, X1900, HD 2400, HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850
NOTICE: Intel® integrated video chipsets are not supported.
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
NOTICE: Apple Intel® Chipsets only. Power PC Processors (G4 and G5) are not supported
Star Wars: Empire at War
Buy Star Wars: Empire at War
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.