Avadon: The Black Fortress Now Available
3:36 PM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Spiderweb Software has announced the release of its latest epic RPG, Avadon: The Black Fortress. The first chapter of a new saga, the game puts players in the role of a spy and warrior tasked to defend the homeland from its many enemies. The game features four different character classes, dozens of sidequests, hundreds of items to discover, and many different possible endings.
The Story:Avadon: The Black Fortress costs $25. A large demo is also available. Head over to the site below to learn more.
You are a servant of Avadon. The Black Fortress. Your job is to protect the Pact, five nations that have banded together in a fragile alliance. The purpose of the Pact: To hold back the waves of invaders that seek to destroy you.
Outside the lands of the Pact, there are limitless threats. Barbarians. Fading, jealous empires. Titans and unspeakable horrors. The warriors and spies of Avadon are charged to keep them at bay, weak and divided. You fight in the shadows, rooting out small threats before they have the chance to grow. Your resources are unlimited, and your word is law.
But a dark time is coming. Assassins are killing Avadon's warriors, and a hidden enemy plots to unite all of your homeland's foes. If you cannot discover and destroy this conspiracy, and soon, your people face total destruction. But beware. The defenders of Avadon are being picked off, one by one, and you are the next target.
- Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
- Four different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
- Uncover the fascinating history of Avadon and the land of Lynaeus.
- Many different endings. Your choices will change the world.
- Dozens of side quests, hidden dungeons, and secrets to discover.
- Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
- Huge adventure with lots of replay value.
- Macintosh running System 10.4 or later
- 800 MhZ processor. Minimum 1.6 GhZ processor recommended.
- Video card or processor with OpenGL support and 32 MB video RAM (64 MB recommended).
- 512 MB RAM, and 200 MB hard disk space.
- 1024x600 screen resolution with 32 bit color.
- Avadon will run natively on Intel Macintoshes.
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Buy Avadon: The Black Fortress
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, February 25, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.