Trine Now At Macgamestore.com
6:00 AM | IMG News | 7 comments
Macgamestore.com recently announced that Frozenbyte's Trine has been added to its catalog of games available for purchase. The fantasy action game features interactive physics, a choice of three unique characters, and a mixture of combat and puzzle solving.
Trine is a fantasy action game where the player can create and use physics-based objects to beat hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. Set in a world of great castles and strange machinery, three heroes are bound to a mysterious device called the Trine in a quest to save the kingdom from evil…Trine is normally available for $19.95 (USD), but is currently on sale for a limited time introductory price of $9.95 (USD).
The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different abilities help the player battle an army of undead and defeat hazardous contraptions. The player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle: The Wizard is able to summon objects to help solve puzzles and create new ways to overcome obstacles, the Thief uses her agility and dead-on accuracy to swiftly surprise the monsters, and the Knight unleashes mayhem and physical destruction wherever he goes.
- Mix Prince of Persia with Flashback, add true innovation and a great graphics engine… a new legend is born!
- 3 completely different characters to control at any given time: Wizard is able to cast physically simulated objects and levitate them in the totally interactive game world; Knight is a mayhem-bringer like no other, able to destroy objects and smash skeletons to pieces with his weapons, including the mighty Storm Hammer!; Thief can hit enemies from a distance with her accurate arrows but she also has a grappling hook to easily swing from one platform to another
- Solve challenges and puzzles in many different ways – combine the characters' abilities and let your mind come up with creative solutions never seen before
- Characters gain experience points that can be used to upgrade their abilities
- Fully interactive game world with life-like physics, including "ragdoll" enemies and more physics objects than you can count!
- Co-op mode for up to 3 players on the same system
- Based on the proprietary "Frozenbyte GDE" game engine
- Superb graphics with next-gen visuals using impressive technical effects such as bloom, reflections and realistic shadows, achieved by using state-of-the-art vertex and pixel shaders
- carefully designed and challenging levels with a distinctly unique atmosphere and graphics, including the Astral Academy, Crystal Caverns, Dragon Graveyard, Forsaken Dungeons, Fangle Forest and the Ruins of the Perished.
- Many different items to collect - each affecting the characters' abilities
- Well-hidden secret chests in every level
- 3 difficulty levels to choose from
- Amazing 19-track soundtrack composed by acclaimed Ari Pulkkinen
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6.4, or later
- Processor: Intel Mac
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card with 256 MB shared or dedicated RAM (ATI or NVIDIA)
- Hard Drive: 600 MB
- Misc: Keyboard, Mouse with Secondary click enabled
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, February 11, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.