Civilization V For Mac Released Today
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 11 comments
Today is the scheduled release date for Aspyr Media's latest Mac title, Sid Meier's Civilization V. The fifth edtion of the world building strategy series includes a redesigned game engine, new combat system, hexagon tiles, improved visuals, and the addition of ranged bombardment.
Sid Meierís Civilization V Mac reinvigorates the classic turn-based strategy genre with an astonishing new engine built from the ground-up for this flagship edition of the Civilization franchise. Players are introduced to an entirely new combat system, deeper diplomatic interactions and a cavalcade of expanded features that deliver a fully immersive experience providing hours of entertainment as players build and defend their empire on their quest to become the greatest ruler the world has ever known.Civilization V costs $49.99. Check out the links below for more information.
- Civilization V Mac introduces hexagon tiles allowing for deeper strategy, more realistic gameplay and stunning organic landscapes for players to explore as they expand their empire.
- The brand new engine orchestrates a spectacular visual experience featuring fully animated leaders interacting with players from a screen-filling diplomatic scene and speaking in their native language for the first time.
- Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe.
- Expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V Mac offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players.
- An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions.
- Wars between empires feel massive as armies dominate the landscape, and combat is more exciting and intense than ever before.
- The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Write your own epic story each time you play. Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world's most powerful empire.
Civilization V Mac FAQ
Buy Civilization V
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.