ÜberStrike Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Cmune Ltd. recently announced the launch of ÜberStrike, a new cross-platform free-to-play first person shooter. The game is vailable for both Mac and PC on Facebook and Cmune's own portal. It will soon be available for MySpace, Apple Widget, and as an HD client. According to Cmune ÜberStrike is "the first and largest first person shooter built using the Unity game engine."
"It is the dawn of a new era for FPS games where the action is just a click away, directly in your favorite social platform, enabling you to connect and play instantly with your friends. We found that a large number of users had interests beyond farming, pet breeding and aquariums, so we set out to offer them a dose of adrenaline." says Shaun Lelacheur Sales, Co-Founder of Cmune and Lead Designer of UberStrike. Visit the page below to learn more.
In UberStrike, players battle it out across all major social networks with players from every continent. During its open beta, the game registered over 1,000,000 visitors across its various channels and keeps growing at a fast pace.
“First-person shooters are a multi-billion dollar genre and totally untapped inside social platforms. No need for a console, a powered-up PC, or buying anything, we offer all the epic action you can take directly where you are.” says Ludovic Bodin, Co-Founder and CEO of Cmune.
- Dozens of sick weapons, including huge guns like the Force Cannon and the Battle Snake, deadly sniper rifles like the Vanquisher and the Particle Lance, and gruesome melee weapons such as UberHammer and the Mythic Edge to show others who’s boss.
- Varied maps to fit your gameplay.
- Friendly community, tournaments and beastly clans.
- Over 10 million gear combinations to personalize your character and new items introduced at neck-breaking pace.
- Multi-access via Facebook, MySpace, Apple Widgets, Portal and HD client download. Yes, in the browser and on your Mac too.
- No farming… Adrenaline!
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.