StarCraft II: Upcoming Zerg Balance Adjustments
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Blizzard Entertainment has posted a new Developer's Corner article about game balance in one on one battles between playable races in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The post focuses on the company's plans to adjust the Zerg race "to make Zerg matchups feel and play better."
Here are a few of the changes we currently have planned:Head over to the link below to read more.
StarCraft II Developer's Corner: 1v1 Game Balance
- We're increasing roach range. This will allow roaches to be more effective in large groups, giving the zerg more options in the mid to end game.
- Fungal Growth will now prevent Blink, which will give zerg a way to stop endlessly Blinking stalkers which can be very challenging to deal with in large numbers.
- The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.
- The reaper speed upgrade will require the Factory, which is meant to weaken a lot of the early terran reaper attacks that dominate so many matches, especially in team games.
- We're making a number of increases to the health of zerg buildings, which will make the very vulnerable zerg technology structures more resistant to raids. We don't expect these hit point changes to have a super significant impact on the game, but the current numbers felt way too low.
StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty
Buy StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.