Vendetta Online Updated
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Guild Software has released new patches for its massively-multiplayer online space strategy game, Vendetta Online. The latest update brings the game to version 1.8.142 and includes a variety of new updates, bug fixes, and content additions.
Changes offered in recent updates:
1.8.142 includes the following:View the page below to learn more about the updates.
Earlier this week, on Weds, we also released 1.8.141, a larger client-side patch including some new graphics:
- Modified Hives: the Siepos hive now spreads through Serco territory, while the Prosus hive appears in the Itani region of space. Milanar presence continues in grayspace.
- Each hive now drops unique Milanar, Prosus and Siepos Neural Nodule items, which will factor into "manufacturing" driven gameplay down the road. These nodules are easily destroyed in combat, and as a result are only a 1-in-10 chance of dropping from most hive members. Only the Leviathan, with its larger neural array, is guaranteed to drop some nodules.. but not very many.
- Fixed hive problem relating to NPC mining ships attacking instead of
- Fixed hive issue with bots not respawning in the Milanar hives.
- Frame limiter is now enabled by default, set to 120 frames per second.
All in all, these improvements to the Hive should continue to expand on the PvE gameplay and crafting ramifications, while the graphics drops have substantially spruced up some of our space stations and other assets. Lots of other changes in the pipe for the next couple of months, building up to a fall release of the Android version.
- Enhanced textures for the stations, new normal and specularity maps.
- Improvements to detail textures on certain asteroids.
- More efficient texture memory utilization.
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.