World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Blizzard Entertainment has announced plans for a limited-release Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, the third expansion for the popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game. The special Collector's Edition package will only be available at retail stores and will include a book filled with the game's artwork, an exclusive in-game pet, a behind-the-scenes DVD, a soundtrack, a Deathwing mousepad, and cards from the WoW Trading Card game.
Cataclysm will allow players to adventure as two new playable races, bring their characters to level 85, take on challenging quests and dungeons in all-new zones, and experience dramatic changes to familiar aspects of the game in the wake of a world-shattering disaster.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Features:The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition will be available on DVD-ROM for Mac and Windows PCs at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The release date and other details for the game will be announced in the months ahead.
The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King®, each shattered PC game sales records upon their release. In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races -- worgen and goblins -- will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.
- Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and the World of Warcraft development team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.
- Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil' Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
- Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft® retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
- Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.
- Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
- World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector's Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.
The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. To set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate, please visit the official Battle.net website at http://www.battle.net.
World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, August 16, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.