Supreme Commander 2 Shipping Soon
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 11 comments
In a recent Facebook posting, Virtual Programming revealed that Supreme Commander 2 for Mac will soon be shipping. Gas Powered Games' real time strategy game drops players into the middle of a war between three galactic empires and gives them the chance to command enormous armies comprised of a host of customizable units.
Set 25 years after the events of the original game, Supreme Commander 2 begins with the assassination of the newly elected president of the Colonial Defense Coalition. The CDC members ? the United Earth Federation, the Order of the Illuminate, and the Cybran Nation ? deny involvement, blame each other and galactic war ensues...Check out the links below for more information.
Gas Powered Games
- A deep and powerful story element adds a personal, human aspect to a storyline previously focused on warring factions and the politics that fuel them. The single player campaign features three character-driven storylines set 25 years after the events of Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
- Command enormous armies made up of customizable land, air and naval units. Each of the three diverse factions ? The United Earth Federation (UEF), the Cybran Nation and the Illuminate ? have been completely redesigned from the original game, with many units
- Experimental units returning with new designs and greatly enhanced looks...and some new tricks that can be unlocked through research
- New Supreme Commander Gameplay Experience: players now have the ability to research new technologies and units and deploy them instantly on the battlefield, allowing them to upgrade a base-level tank to a high-powered, multi-barreled, AA-sporting monster by the end of a given game
- Strategic Mode UI: the redesigned UI that is faster, takes up less screen real-estate and gives better player feedback
- New rendering technology that allows us to create visually spectacular environments
Supreme Commander 2
Buy Supreme Commander 2
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, August 9, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.