Rogue Spear Now Shipping
11:07 AM | Michael Eilers | Comment on this story
We has received two reports from IMG readers that pre-orders of MacSoft's much-anticipated shooter/strategy title Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear are now shipping. This sequel to extremely popular Rainbow Six adds updated graphics, all-new missions and much more.
Both readers received notices from a Mac-only software dealer that their pre-order copies of this title had shipped. A demo of this title has been available for quite some time from Macgamefiles.com and has proven quite popular, with over 8,200 downloads and an average user rating of 3 and 1/2 joysticks out of 35 user reviews.
Here is a quick summary of Rogue Spear features, concentrating on differences from the previous title:
• Replay feature allowing players to record a mission and then watch the action from the perspective of any member on the team. For even more details on this game, be sure and read our in-depth preview, which is of course accompanied by screen shots. Online retailer CompuExpert has Rogue Spear in stock for $39.90, so be sure to order your copy today.
• Full new sniper support: sniper team member specialists, sniper weapons and special planning & action phase controls for snipers
• Improved team AI will assist with preventing stuck or crowded team members in tight spaces
• New weapons and special items
• Multi-player arm patch to help distinguish team members
• Greater and more varied responses from terrorists and hostages
• Fantastic new wound effects with characters and damage effects with objects
• Improved special effects with grenades, weapons, and flashbangs
• Weather effects including snow & rain
• Move while crouched and peek around corners
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear Preview
Rogue Spear Demo (53 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, January 15, 2001
Friday, January 12, 2001
Thursday, January 11, 2001
Wednesday, January 10, 2001
Tuesday, January 9, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.