The Asskickers To Bring 2D Brawling Action To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
AGO Games has announced work on The Asskickers, a new 2D "beat'em up" inspired by classic arcade action games of the 90's. The company's debut project features three heroes with different fighting styles, pencil drawn sprites, over seven levels, and the option of two player cooperative action.
“With The Asskickers, we are trying to capture the vibe of the 90’s beat’em up, explains Stanislas Berton, game director and AGO Games founder. We all grew up playing beat’em up classics and The Asskickers is an attempt to capture the beauty of these games and the simple and immediate pleasure they gave us. We chose a traditional 2D art style because we consider it to be part of beat’em up DNA and because we just love the look and feel of good old 2D. However, The Asskickers is not just about paying tribute to the genre and giving him a good face-lift. It’s about three heroes sharing a love for the Martial Arts, defending their innocence and their freedom by kicking asses in a world corrupted by greed and special interests. We could already tell you who get to have their asses kicked but it would amount to wasting a chance to grab the headlines and, as an indie studio, free publicity is the only kind we can afford. So l let your imaginations run wild and rest assured that we will deliver the goods.”The Asskickers is scheduled to be available as a digital download in early 2011 for Mac and Windows machines. Check out the site below for more information.
- Alex, Diane and Marcus, three heroes with three different and complementary fighting styles
- Pencil-drawn 2D sprites and backgrounds animated using frame by frame animation
- Non-stop action over seven different levels in the heart of the modern urban jungle
- A wide range of spectacular attacks and devastating combos in true beat’em up fashion
- Tons of dangerous enemies and vicious bosses who really deserve to get their asses kicked
- A two-player cooperative mode with exclusive collaborative attacks
- A survival and time attack mode to unlock with new records to beat
Buy The Asskickers
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
Friday, July 2, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.