Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Coladia and Anuman Interactive have announced the release of Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy for Mac OS X. Set in 16th century Provence, in a country ravaged by religious wars and devastated by the plague, Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy is an historical adventure game in which players have to solve a series of riddles and puzzles inspired by the works of Nostradamus, taking them through the worlds of astrology, medicine and medicinal plants.
It has been three years since Catherine de Medicis' rule as regent came to an end, but she still holds the reins of power, making her the target of repeated attacks from the French nobility. One day in March 1566, when she realises that she has fallen victim to a terrible curse, she turns to her doctor and astrologer, Michel de Nostre-Dame, better known as Nostradamus.Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy is a Universal application that runs on Mac computers with either Intel or PowerPC G5 processors. A free demo version is available for download. The game can be purchased at the link below for $29.90 (USD).
Unfortunately, the famous prophet is too old and weak to take on such a mission alone. Refusing to abandon his queen in her hour of need, he sends his daughter Madeleine in his place. However, there is no such thing as women astrologers, let alone women doctors in medieval times. To be accepted as such, the young woman must go in disguise and assume her younger brother's identity, Cesar, who is away for some time.
Alternating between Madeleine the young woman and Madeleine disguised as Cesar, players are plunged into a thriller where political scheming and ancestral prophecies are intertwined. The game begins as an initiatory adventure in the footsteps of her father, the prophet and astrologer, before creating all the suspense of a detective novel: from one murder to another, players make their way through a test-riddled forensic investigation.
Following in the same vein as The Secrets of Da Vinci - The Forbidden Manuscript, Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy is an historical adventure game in which players have to solve a series of riddles and puzzles inspired by the works of Nostradamus, taking them through the worlds of astrology, medicine and medicinal plants.
Though the game does not offer two fundamentally different paths, "transforming" the main character gives players a unique alternative by allowing them to assume another identity, change sex (their appearance in any case) and use it to their advantage when interacting with other characters.
- Defeat the last prophecy of the great philosopher Nostradamus and change the course of history
- Discover the first historical adventure game based on astrology and the prophecies of Nostradamus
- Get ready to investigate a series of murders perilously close to the royal family and become a criminal profiler ahead of time
- You can either be Nostradamus' daughter or play the role of her brother depending on the situation to help your mystical quest
- Unravel a series of machiavellian riddles and puzzles based not just on astrology but also alchemy, pharmacy and ancient runes
- Dive into Renaissance Provence and discover richly realistic photo-quality background that faithfully recreate the time of Nostradamus
- Get into the action straight away thanks to intuitive gameplay and progressivly increasing difficulty level
Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy
Buy Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Monday, May 31, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.