The Sims 3: Ambitions Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Electronic Arts has announced that The Sims 3: Ambitions expansion pack has been released. The second expansion pack for The Sims 3 allows players to pursue a variety of paths and careers in their Sims’ lives that in turn "affect their overall gameplay experience and neighborhood." While on the job, the players will have direct control over their Sims’ work and can choose how to spend their days.
"The Sims community has long wanted to control their Sims actions at work and now with the seamless open neighborhood, those actions have a direct impact on the town and other Sims," said Scott Evans, General Manager of The Sims at EA. "Offering a variety of new and exciting careers, players can choose to complete their work tasks in a heroic manner or take the deviant route."The Sims 3: Ambitions is available for $39.95. Follow the links below for more informatin.
Players can choose to hunt down vengeful spirits as the ghost hunter, invent brilliant and potentially destructive gadgets as an inventor, craft glorious masterpieces as a sculptor, dole out experimental medicine as a doctor, save lives as a firefighter, and solve riveting cases by any means necessary as an investigator with dozens of cases to solve and numerous clues to find. For the first time, players will be in charge of how their Sims' career progresses and decide if they will work for good or evil, pursue creative endeavors or technical affairs, change the town for the better or wreak havoc on everyone's homes. Choices made while playing the new careers and activities such as stylist, architecture designer and tattoo artist directly impact the look and feel of the town and other Sims. For example, as a player you get to determine what a Sims' new appearance will look like, whether that be a hip makeover or a new tattoo fit for a rockstar. Additionally, players will be able to explore Twinbrook, an entirely new playable town in The Sims 3 Ambitions, where they will be able to meet new locals, explore their surroundings and find new employment opportunities.
There will also be a hot, new soundtrack to go along with the gameplay. Over a dozen new artists have laid down their tracks in Simlish including GRAMMY Award-winners Lady Antebellum and Toni Braxton, and new-comers Rise Against, Charice, Neon Trees, The Acorn and more! Players will want to turn up the volume and sing along with the new Simlish songs.
The Sims 3 Ambitions:
Widen your Sim's horizons with a bunch of killer new career opportunities. With The Sims™ 3 Ambitions, decide whether your Sim will be the brave town hero or cause loads of mischief among their neighbors. Make your Sim save the day as a brave firefighter, change the town as a leading architect, or live on the edge as a tattoo artist. Will your Sim find success as a billionaire high-tech inventor or eke out a living as a bumbling mad scientist? Will they uncover secrets as a private investigator by dusting for prints or roughing up a suspect for information? Their future is entirely in your hands!
- For the first time ever, you control your Sim's actions and interactions while they're on the job.
- Be a hero or mess with the neighbors as a firefighter, private investigator, doctor, ghost hunter, and more!
- Choose how your Sim's career progresses - will they work for good or evil, pursue creative endeavors, rise to success as a mogul, or shirk responsibility as a slacker?
- Your Sim's on-the-job choices now change their town and affect other Sims as well. Modify the town’s structure as an architect or set neighborhood fashions as a stylist.
- Enjoy all-new skills and activities! Master the arts of inventing, sculpting, and tattooing, and use your skills to earn Simoleons.
- Operating System: Mac OS X v10.5.7 Leopard or higher
- Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor - This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems.
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Hard Drive: At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space, with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.
- Graphics: ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100. This game will not run on the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.
- Requires: The SIMS 3™ (Mac)
- MAC OS X Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce series 7300, 7600, 8600, 8800, 9400M, 9600M GT, GT 120, GT 130
ATI Radeon™ series X1600, X1900, 2400, 2600, 3870, 4850, 4870
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) GMA x3100
The Sims 3: Ambitions
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, May 31, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.