Spiderweb Unveils Avadon: The Black Fortress
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Spiderweb Software has announced the upcoming release of Avadon: The Black Fortress, an all-new, Indie fantasy role-playing game from the creators of the Avernum and Geneforge series. Avadon is described as an epic adventure in a strange and dangerous world in which players take the role of a spy and warrior who must fight the enemies of his homeland. Avadon: The Black Fortress will feature four different character classes, dozens of sidequests, hundreds of items to discover, and many different possible endings.
As a servant of the Black Fortress, your word is law. Gain power and influence, experience an exciting adventure, and battle a conspiracy to destroy your people.Avadon: The Black Fortress is scheduled for release in early 2011. Click on the links below to learn more.
You are an agent of Avadon. The Black Fortress. Outside your lands, there are limitless threats. Barbarians. Fading, jealous empires. Titans and unspeakable horrors. The warriors and spies of Avadon are charged to keep them at bay, weak and divided. Your resources are unlimited, and all must obey you.
But a dark time is coming. Assassins are killing Avadon's warriors, and hidden enemies plot to unite all of your homeland's foes. If you cannot discover and destroy this conspiracy, and soon, your people face total destruction. But beware. The assassins will soon come for you…
Avadon: The Black Fortress Features:
- Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
- Four different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
- Uncover the fascinating history of Avadon and the land of Lynaeus.
- Many different endings. Your choices will change the world.
- Dozens of side quests, hidden dungeons, and secrets to discover.
- Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
- Huge adventure with lots of replay value.
- Macintosh running System 10.4 or later
- 800 MhZ processor. Minimum 1.6 GhZ processor recommended.
- Video card or processor with OpenGL support and 32 MB video RAM (64 MB recommended).
- 512 MB RAM, and 200 MB hard disk space.
- 1024x600 screen resolution with 32 bit color.
- Avadon will run natively on Intel Macintoshes.
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Buy Avadon: The Black Fortress
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.