Hereos Of Newerth Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
S2 Games has announced that Heroes of Newerth, the stand alone version of the cult Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft 3, is now available. The game allows two teams of up to five players to take on the roles of heroes and work with AI controlled armies to destroy an enemy team's base. HoN features upgradeable skills, powerful items to purchase, VOIP controls, Clan Support, and dozens of playable Hero characters from which to choose.
“It’s been an amazing three years so far,” states Marc DeForest, CEO and Founder, S2 Games. “We’ve had such a good ride through the Beta period, now we’re looking forwards to getting the retail version out to as many people as possible. The team has put a lot into making this game the best multiplayer experience it can be, and we’re looking forwards to new and old fans alike playing and enjoying Heroes of Newerth.”Heroes of Newerth is available for the Mac, Windows, and Linux platforms for $30.00. Learn more at the site below.
With nearly three million beta subscribers comprising the active and loyal community, HoN is poised to be the number one player in a competitive market. Including over fifty unique characters, integrated voice chat, full clan support and a quick reconnect feature amongst the myriad of improvements and tweaks, Heroes of Newerth provides the complete package that will satisfy anyone looking for an engrossing multiplayer experience.
In Heroes of Newerth, two teams of up to five players each take on the role of special Hero units. With the assistance of AI-controlled armies, each team sets out with the sole objective of destroying the other team’s base. As a match progresses, players can earn experience and gold which can be used to upgrade skills or purchase items to make their character more powerful. The team-oriented design of HoN coupled with unprecedented in-game Voice-Over-IP controls and Clan Support allow for an incredibly deep, tactical team-based experience.
Some of the unique features of HoN include the following:
- 63 playable Hero characters, over 100 items as well as regular content updates to ensure no two games of HoN will ever be the same.
- Client/Server Architecture eliminates lag, cheats and map hacking
- Quick reconnect feature allows players to jump right back into their game should they get disconnected
- In-game VOIP for fast and easy communication with teammates
- Game archives and replay support for all games played on official servers (players can rewind, slow down, fast forward, and otherwise pinpoint the exact part of a match that they wish to view)
- Built upon the proprietary K2 engine to deliver enhanced graphics while maintaining low system specs
- Powerful map editor and mod capabilities
- Available in six language translations: English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Russian.
- Available for PC, Mac, and Linux
Heroes Of Newerth
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.