Frozen Synapse Mac Beta Launched
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Mode 7 Games has announce the launch of the Frozen Synapse Mac Beta. The game is described as a simultaneous-turn-based tactical game in which players take turns to craft and test the perfect strategy, then execute their plans and watch the results. The game features both single and multiplayer action, a variety of guns, hand crafted maps, and a map editor.
About Frozen Synapse:Frozen Synapse is available to pre-order now. The current full release target is late 2010. Those who pre-order the game get access to the beta version as well as a free copy of the game for a friend.
Mode 7 Games
The ultimate tactical game; currently a work-in-progress by three-man UK indie development team Mode 7 Games.
You've patched in to the enemy's security system: get ready to make your plan.
You have full control over your squad, directing their every movement. At the same time, your opponent is plotting to defeat you. Plan your moves, test them out, then hit the "PRIME" button: both you and your enemy's turns are executed simultaneously.
As a brand new twist on an old genre, the game is about quick, intense tactical encounters rather than long-form strategic epics.
Every game ever played is stored on the server for viewing: we also have an instant YouTube export feature!
Want a strategy game that offers serious, deep gameplay but doesn't take months to play a match?
- Simultaneous-turn-based competitive match-oriented tactical joy!
- Multiplayer: four game modes, including Hostage Rescue and the fiendish bidding-based Secure mode...
- Single Player: Campaign Mode (coming soon), Skirmish mode and Puzzle mode
- Your units sport machine guns, shotguns, sniper rifles, rocket launchers and grenade launchers for the ultimate tactical assault
- Hand-crafted maps, random map generator AND a map editor!
- Community features: share, rate and comment on games; Daily and Global ranking system; simple, instant matchmaking
- Destructible terrain: blow a huge hole in a wall with a rocket, then send in your close-range units...
- Simple YouTube export: just enter your account details and the game will automatically encode and upload any match you choose...
- No limited installs or similar nonsense: just create an account once you've downloaded and you're good to go
- OS Requirements: OSX Leopard or later
- Ram: 512meg
- Processor/Gfx card: 1GHZ PowerPC (or Intel)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.