Bungie Fanfest Aftermath
9:32 AM | Max Dyckhoff | Comment on this story
Last Friday the annual bacchanal of Bungie's ever popular Fanfest was held in the West Bay Conference Center, San Francisco, as part of Macworld San Francisco.
Miguel Chavez (aka Freewill) hosted the party, with appearances from Matt Soell, Max Hoberman, Stefan Sinclair, David Candland and Peter Marks, all long-time Bungie Employees. It started with a keynote from Matt, informing us of Halo's progress, Oni's progress, what the former Myth II team are up to, and how life in Microsoft HQ is.
SiliconDream, of rampancy.net has summarized the happening of the fanfest on the rampancy.net forum. Here are some excerpts.
HaloHave a look at the forum posts below - there is much, much more to be learned.
rampancy.net : codetoad's Fanfest
- 3 Weapons have been finalized--two human and one Covenant. The Covenant weapon has heating vents that open and glow when the weapon's been fired.
- They're working on a rescue mission at night, where you get to look down on a huge firefight.
Bungie online stuff
- Massive updates of all bungie.com and bungie.net sites are forthcoming.
- There will be more detail in player profiles, and they'll be fully searchable.
- The Bungie Store will be back soon, and they'll have Oni preorders--in fact, they expect to be able to ship their preorders earlier than anyone else.
rampancy.net : Fanfest images
rampancy.net : SiliconDream's Fanfest
Halo: Combat Evolved
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, January 11, 2001
Wednesday, January 10, 2001
Tuesday, January 9, 2001
Monday, January 8, 2001
Friday, January 5, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.