Return To Mysterious Island 2 Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Paris based adventure game publisher Coladia and Anuman Interactive have announced the release of Return to Mysterious Island 2 for Macs. The game challenges players to continue their quest for survival and escape from the island. Along the way they will discover Captain Nemo's old base, the ruins of an unknown civilization, and a deadly disease threatening to destroy the ecosystem of the island.
In this sequel, Mina and her monkey Jep, who you can also play, still find themselves trapped on the same beautiful island, after Mina's rescue helicopter has crashed. While searching formerly unknown parts of the island for a new way of escaping, Mina finds that an unknown disease suddenly begins to afflict the plants, then the animal life on the island. She finds Captain Nemo's old base and stumbles upon the ruins of an unknown civilization, in search for clues. Will she find the cure to the disease that is threatening the entire eco-system on the island?System Requirements:
Return to Mysterious Island 2 begins with the crash of the helicopter that came to rescue Mina. She survived but is once again trapped on the island. All of a sudden, under her very eyes, an unknown disease afflicts the plants first, then the animal life. Mina explores the island to locate the infection source. She searches Captain Nemo's base in vain, then the ruins of an unknown civilization, and finally understands that it is outside pollution that threatens the island. The only way to save this natural wonder is to turn the shield back on. But if Mina makes this decision, she gives up -as Captain Nemo did before her- the idea of returning to civilization...
Two-character play: in the first installment, the player embodied Mina, a young and carefree navigator taking part in the Jules Verne competition, and used Jep, a cute, little monkey, as a simple tool. In Return to Mysterious Island 2 Jep becomes a character in his own right. The player switches from one character to another and maximizes the use of each other's talents depending on the circumstances: only Mina can use complex tools, combine objects and, of course, read the documents found in the course of the game; whereas Jep can climb places inaccessible to Mina, communicate with other monkeys and find numerous objects thanks to his sense of smell.
- "The Mysterious Island" is one of Jules Verne's most famous novels and one of the most often adapted for the big screen. "The Mysterious Island" is a work rich of extraordinary creativity - it lends itself perfectly for a new video game adaptation.
- Highly popular themes: survival, exploration, discovery, ecology, science and mystery all in a fabulous tropical setting.
- Two-character play: Mina adopts a cute, little monkey, Jep, with whom the player can also play in order to reach places inaccessible to Mina, or simply to communicate with other monkeys.
- An interactive inventory system lets one combine various collected items in order to create new objects and tools...
- Excellent proprietary engine for a fluid and excellent point and click navigation.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- Intel or PowerPC G5 processor
- 1.6 Ghz or better
- 512 MB of memory
- 5 GB free space on your hard drive
Return to Mysterious Island 2 costs $29.95. Follow the links below for more information.
Return To Mysterious Island 2
Return to Mysterious Island 2
Buy Return To Mysterious Island 2
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.