Civilization IV: Warlords Digital Download Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media has announced the release of a digital download version of Civilization IV: Warlords for Macs, and expansion for the original Civilization IV. The download is available exclusively from Aspyr's Game Agent store.
Pay Homage to History’s Greatest Military LeadersCivilization IV: Warlords costs $29.99. Follow the links below for more information.
Game Agent: Civilization IV Warlords
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Warlords is the first expansion pack for the Firaxis Games’ award-winning title, Civilization IV. Paying homage to some of history’s greatest military leaders, the expansion delivers eight unique and interesting scenarios, giving players the chance to change the course of history with the help of their new powerful “warlord” unit. Civilization IV: Warlords includes new civilizations, leaders, units, and wonders that offer even more fun and exciting ways for players to expand their civilization’s military power as they strive for world domination.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Warlords – A new great person type called the Warlord will be an indispensable asset to any player bent on world domination.
- Vassal States – You no longer need to obliterate an enemy to defeat them. Conquer your enemies and subjugate them to your rule.
- Game Scenarios – The expansion will deliver eight new historical scenarios spanning Alexander’s conquests through Genghis Khan’s dominance of Asia, in addition to other scenarios that challenge the way that you currently play the game.
- New Civilizations – Six new civilizations will be included, giving you even more options when planning your domination of the world.
- Civilization Leaders – Ten new leaders will be provided, including leaders for the new civilizations as well as additional leaders for existing civilizations.
- Leader Traits – In addition to the many existing leader traits in Civilization IV, two new leader traits accompany the expansion.
- New Wonders – There will be three new awe-inspiring wonders, all contributing new benefits and culture to your civilization.
- Unique Buildings – Players will now be able to construct buildings unique to each civilization.
- Units, Resources, & Improvements – Many new items not available in the core game will be introduced in the new scenarios.
- Core Game Tweaks and Additions – Expanded features and gameplay tweaks will be made to the core game.
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Operating System: 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6
- CPU Processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel
- CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB or higher
- Hard Disk Space: 3.5 GB free disk space
- Video Card (ATI) : Radeon 9600-
- Video Card (NVidia) : GeForce FX 5200-
- Video Memory (VRam) : 64 MB or higher
- Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Internet play requires broadband connection.
- Media Required: CD Drive
NOTICE Apple original CPU’s only, CPU upgrades not supported.
- CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB or higher
- Video RAM: 128 MB
NOTICE Intel integrated video chipsets (GMA 950) are not supported.
Supported Video cards:
NVIDIA GeForce 5200, 6600, 6800, 7300, 7800
ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X1600, X1900
REQUIRES THE FULL VERSION OF Civilization IV for Mac OS X TO PLAY
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, March 22, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.