StarCraft II Mac Beta Planned For April
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
Blizzard Entertainment has posted the results of a recent Twitter Q&A with developers about the upcoming StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The question and answer session included discussion of the Mac beta, map editor, and plans for future expansions.
The Starcraft II Beta Developer Twitter Chat # 1 revealed several details about beta testing. Head over to Blizzplanet to read more.
Blizzplanet: StarCraft II Chat Transcript
• Blizzard plans to release a major content patch mid-April to enable some basic achievements and improved voice chat, 3v3 and 4v4 maps, among other unidentified features.
• A Mac beta client will be available in April, when it's ready.
• The Map Editor will be out before late-April.
• No new races are planned for the three episodes of Starcraft II.
• The roach, Infestor and reaper are currently in their Watch List.
• Critters were not priority for beta, and will eventually be added.
• Plans for Defense of the Ancients (DOTA) and community maps ladder and matchmaking.
• Dustin said more players will be invited to beta in upcoming weeks, and encourages gamers to enable the beta opt-in option in the Battle.net Account webpage to qualify.
• Replay hosting and sharing won't be available at ship date.
Streamed replays for Tournament Finals is planned in future Starcraft II expansions.
StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty
Buy StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.