The Secret Of Monkey Island: SE Pre-Order Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 7 comments
Aspyr Media has added Lucasarts' The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition for Mac to GameAgent, its digital download store. Currently available for pre-order the game is a "reimagining" of the original 1990 game, updated with contemporary art, remastered music, full voiceover, and a new hint system.
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition faithfully re-imagines the internationally-acclaimed classic game (originally released in 1990) for original and new audiences alike. The game is brought into the modern era with an all new re-imagined contemporary art style, a re-mastered musical score, full voiceover, and an in-depth hint system to help players through the game’s side-splitting puzzles. Purists will also delight in the ability to seamlessly switch between the updated hand-drawn re-imagining and the original classic version.The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition for Mac is scheduled to release this Spring and costs $9.99 to pre-order. Click over to the links below to learn more.
The game's twisty plot leads our naive hero on a hilarious, swash-buckling search for the fabled secret of Monkey Island. Tales of pirate wealth lure him to the port of Mêlée with high hopes, no money, and insatiable curiosity. If clever enough, he will win the confidence of Mêlée's pirates and find himself blown by the winds of fate toward the terrifying and legendary Monkey Island -- an adventure that would chill the bones of even the most bloodthirsty buccaneer.
Relive the swashbuckling humorous misadventures of the wannabe pirate Guybrush Threepwood
Play it again for the first time
- Go on a daring adventure in your attempt to become the most infamous pirate in the Caribbean
- Win the heart of the beautiful governor, Elaine Marley
- Along the way, confront the evil ghost pirate, LeChuck
Includes all new features
- All new re-imagined contemporary art style, hand-drawn to feature animation quality
- Re-mastered music score presented in full orchestrated detail
- Complete voice over using the original Monkey Island™ franchise cast brings the story and characters of the original adventures to life like never before
- Scene-for-scene hot swap allows for seamless transition between special edition and classic modes anywhere and at any time
Minimum System Requirements:
- All new intuitive game interface and controls provide a more interactive gameplay experience
- In-game puzzle hint system keeps the puzzles fresh and fun
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard) | Processor: Intel chipset | CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz or faster | Memory: 512 MB or higher | Hard Disk Space: 2 GB free disk space | Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600 | Video Card (NVidia): GeForce 7300 | Video Memory (VRam): 128 MB | Media Required: DVD Drive | Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard or Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller.
Supported Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce® 7300, 7600, 7800, 8600, 8800, 9400, 9600, GT 120, Quadro FX 4500, ATI Radeon X1600, X1900, HD 2400, HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850
NOTICE: Intel® integrated video chipsets are not supported.
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
NOTICE: Apple Intel® Chipsets only. Power PC Processors (G4 and G5) are not supported
The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Buy The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.