Civilization IV Digital Download Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media has announced the release of a digital download version of Civilization IV for Macs. The download is available exclusively from Aspyr's GameAgent store. The company has also opened up preorders for upcoming downloadable versions of the games two expansions: Warlords and Beyond the Sword, as well as Civilization III: Complete.
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV comes-to-life like never before in a beautifully detailed, living 3D world that expands the gameplay experience. This latest installment takes the franchise to new heights with the addition of new ways to play and win, new tools to manage and expand your civilization, all-new easy to use mod capabilities and various multiplayer modes and options..Civilization IV cost $29.99 to purchase. Follow the links below for more information.
GameAgent: Civilization IV
With Sid Meier’s Civilization IV, rule throughout time and create your own legacy as you guide your civilization from the dawn of man through the space age and beyond. Implement new technologies, conduct diplomacy or wage war to grow your society and become the most powerful leader the world has ever known.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Faster-Paced Fun – Gameplay has been streamlined for a tighter, faster, and more compelling experience.
- Greater Accessibility and Ease of Play – An easy-to-use interface will be immediately familiar to RTS and action game players, and newcomers to the series will be able to jump in and play
- Tech Tree Flexible Tech tree allows players more strategic choices for developing their civilizations along unique paths.
- Grow Bigger Empires – More Civilizations, Units, and Improvements to enhance and grow your empire.
- Multiplayer – LAN, Internet, and Play-By-Email offer players all-new strategies and ways to play when competing or cooperating with live opponents.
- Team Play – Whether playing multiplayer or single player, team play offers a new way of setting locked alliances that result in shared wonder effects, visibility, unit trading, and shared territory that delivers a plethora of new strategic and tactical options.
- Beautiful 3D World – Sid Meier’s Civilization IV comes to life with a beautiful 3D world, dozens of fully animated units (including culturally unique units), and totally customizable armies. Cities and wonders will appear on the map. Wonder movies are back!
- Mods and Community Tools – Designed from the ground up for modability, the game contains a powerful map editor with XML and Python support.
- Choose Your Leader – Most Civilizations now have two leaders from which to choose, with each Leader having traits that provide various bonuses to the player.
- Civics – With the discovery of new techs, civic options can become available. Freedom of speech or slavery? Hereditary rule or open elections? This creates endless government choices and possibilities!
- Religion – Now there are seven religions in the game that are unlocked through researching. When unlocked, the religion spreads through a player’s empire allowing them to use the religion to help manage happiness, gain gold and create Great Prophets.
- Great People – As the player uses specialists they gain Great People points in the city that is utilizing the specialists. Great People include the Artist, Tycoon, Prophet, Engineer, & Scientist. They can be used to get free techs, start Golden Ages, or join a city to increase its output.
- Promotions – Each unit has a promotion path that emphasizes specific unit traits. Promotions include bonuses to Attack/Defend on specific terrains/features, movement bonuses, sight/visibility bonuses, and increased withdrawal chances.
- In-Game Cinematics – Sid Meier’s Civilization IV has over 40 in-game cinematics.
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (Leopard)
- CPU Processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel chipset
- CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB or higher
- Hard Disk Space: 3.5 GB free disk space
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9600
- Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX 5200
- Video Memory (VRam): 64 MB or higher
- Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Internet play requires broadband connection.
- Media Required: DVD Drive Supported Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 5200, 6600, 6800, 7800 ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X850, X1600
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
- CPU Processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel chipset
- CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz
- Video RAM: 128 MB
Buy Civilization IV
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.