Eschalon Book II: New Screenshot Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Basilisk Games' recently released a new screenshot from Eschalon: Book II, the upcoming second title in its planned "old school" RPG trilogy. The game, scheduled for a 2010 release, will include improvements like 1024X768 native resolution, re-rendered tiles, new weather effects, new skills, new monsters, and a larger world to explore.
For us here at Basilisk Games, we are going to put as much time in on Book II as we can while filling in the rest of the time with family. Since I don't know when I will have time to do this later, here's a small Xmas present for you- a new screenshot from Book II. Sorry this screen is not some spectacular revelation about the plot, or a picture of an epic battle with a dozen nasty foes...we want you to discover those moments for yourself!Visit the page below to check out the new screenshot.
Basilisk Games: Eschalon II Screenshot
More about Eschalon Book II:
- Eschalon: Book II is the sequel to 2007’s award winning RPG Eschalon: Book I, although no previous experience is needed to play and enjoy Book II.
- Book II will be available for Windows, Macintosh (Universal Binary) and Linux-based computers.
- Play as a male or female character.
- 1024 x 768 native resolution.
- Most tiles have been re-rendered to take advantage of the higher engine resolution. Hundreds of new graphic elements, tiles, sound effects and music means Book II is not just a remix of the previous game.
- New weather effects: snow, rain, and thunderstorms. Weather isn’t just an effect; severe weather effects gameplay stats and skills.
- Additional skills and improved skill balancing.
- Improved GUI including additional save game slots, increased number of Inventory and Quick Slot spaces, Key Ring and Recipe book, and much more!
- “Equipment configuration” presets for convenient swapping of entire armor and weapons sets.
- New difficulty modes and tracked statistics add to replay value.
Eschalon: Book II
Buy Eschalon: Book II
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.