Peggle Art Contest Level Pack Available For Peggle Nights
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
PopCap Games has announced the release of the Art Contest level pack for the company's popular casual title Peggle Nights. The pack features five new levels and challenges based on top entries from the Peggle Art Contest. The new levels can also be played in Quick Play or Duel Modes.
“We really enjoyed incorporating the contest winners' designs into finished levels and have been playing them non-stop,” said Sukhbir Sidhu, Studio Director at PopCap and co-creator of Peggle and Peggle Nights. “These user-generated concepts turned out quite well in terms of playability and challenge, and it's really interesting and inspiring to see level design ideas from fans of the game!”The Art Contest level pack is available for free to registered owners of Peggle Nights. Head over to the site below for more information.
Peggle Nights Bonus Levels
The new levels in the Art Contest level pack feature whimsical "mash-ups" of PopCap characters and imagery as well as re-imaginings of past levels. Grand prize winners Matt Ward of Heanor, Derbyshire England (in the adult category) and Michael and Stephanie Liu, youth category co-winners from Naperville, Illinois, visited PopCap's headquarters in August to play-test and provide feedback on the levels based on their designs.
The user-created levels, and their respective creators, are:
- “Bucket Revisited” – Michael and Stephanie Liu (Grand Prize, Youth category) – a redrawing of the classic Das Bucket level with Peggle characters.
- “Dynamic Two-Oh” – Matt Ward (Grand Prize, Adult category) – the Undercover Unicorn patrols the streets and rooftops of Pegopolis with his crime-busting partner, Kid Radical!
- “Fun Dead” – Anthony Maddaloni – (Runner-up) – a combination of Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies results in a graveyard scare!
- “Caykee” – Jessica Kozulbal – (Runner-up) – Caykee the Cupcake presents her argument for inanimate objects as Peggle Masters!
- “Peggle 3D” – Brice Johnson (Runner-up) – What if Peggle fully embraced the third dimension? This level presents one possible vision.
Buy Peggle Nights
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.