Civilization IV: Colonization Ships
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Aspyr Media recently began shipping Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization to Mac gamers. Released in partnership with 2K Games, Colonization is the fifth addition from Aspyr to the popular Civlization IV franchise and challenges players to lead one of four European nations on a quest to colonize the New World.
Developed by Firaxis Games, creators of the award-winning Civilization franchise, Colonization adds an entirely new scenario to the ever-evolving world of Civilization. In Colonization, players lead one of four European nations on a quest to colonize and thrive in the New World. Players are challenged to guide their people from the oppressive motherland; discover the New World; and negotiate, trade and fight as they acquire power and battle for their freedom and independence. Usher forth a new generation of Sid Meier’s Colonization with gameplay built on the award-winning Civilization IV engine, providing the beautiful visuals, famously addictive gameplay and endless fun that are synonymous with Sid Meier strategy games.Minimum System Requirements:
- Improved Diplomacy: Sustain peace and support your followers as you engage in advanced negotiations with natives, other colonists and the hostile homeland—Trade resources, gold and land as you build the foundation for a self sufficient and powerful colony.
- Brand New Interface: Both Civilization IV fans and players new to the series will feel right at home with an interface that Firaxis has built to be accessible and easy to navigate.
- ultiplayer Offers Endless Replay Value: Compete with friends from all over the world via the Internet and LAN modes, offering endless ways to conquer the New World.
- Detailed Tutorial Guides Players In Their Conquest: Civilization IV: Colonization will provide an enhanced tutorial that will help both fans of the game and brand new players on their way to ruling the New World.
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.1 or later
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor operating at 1.83GHz or faster
- 1GB RAM
- 1GB free hard disk space
- ATI Radeon X1600 or Nvidia GeForce 8600 or better 3D graphics with 128MB VRAM
- DVD-ROM drive
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization costs $40 and does not require the original Civilization IV to play. It is rated “E10+” by the ESRB for Everyone 10 and older. For more information please visit the links below.
Civilization IV: Colonization
The Loop: Civ IV Colonization Now Shipping
Buy Civilization IV: Colonization
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.