EVE Online: Dominion Coming December 1
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
CCP Games has announced a December 1st release date for Dominion, its next free expansion for the popular sci-fi MMO, EVE Online. EVE Online. The expansion will focus on alliance warfare and will feature an overhauled sovereignty system, new epic mission arcs for pirate factions, and the first version of EVE's COSMOS social networking platform.
Ten free expansions down. Now an eleventh. Set for Winter 2009, EVE Online: Dominion will focus on what is often cited as EVE's "end game" - alliance warfare. It offers a complete overhaul of the current sovereignty mechanics in favor of a system that's a mix of CCP's game design vision and the input they've received from fans on forums, at conventions (FANFEST!) and via the CSM. Savvy alliances will benefit greatly from following and understanding these changes, which will receive extensive testing.Read more about Dominion at the links below.
EVE Online: Dominion
In addition, CCP will be adding some new epic arcs for pirate factions, offering the first iteration of the integrated social networking platform known as COSMOS, setting its artists free to re-beautify planets and more.
- A Sovereignty Capture System that will dynamically change EVE's "end game" as requested by players and the Council of Stellar Management
- Sovereignty Infrastructure Upgrades to help Player Alliances better determine their destiny
- Smarter In-Game Mail to catalyze player networks
- A revamped in-game browser
- BEAUTIFUL new planets and stars that will take your breath away
- A further improved New Player Experience
- Pirate faction epic story arcs
- Rebalancing of fleet warfare with new fighter bombers and new, terrifying Doomsday Weapons
Worthplaying: EVE Online Dec 1
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, October 9, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.