The Secrets Of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Coladia has announced the release of The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript for Mac OS X. Described as the first game ever created about the life and work of Leonardo Da Vinci, the adventure title challenges players to discover and delve inside the mysteries surrounding the hidden enigmas of the works of the great genius.
"The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript" is a major investigation and adventure game, a thrilling mystical quest into the heart of the Renaissance. It is now available for Mac OS X.Requirements:
Valdo, an ambitious young apprentice working for Da Vinci's disciple Francesco Melzi, is extremely disappointed when the scholar suddenly dismisses him. However, shortly afterwards, he receives a letter from a mysterious patron, asking him to locate one of the great master's missing codices. To access Da Vinci's last residence, the Manoir du Cloux near Ambroise, Valdo tells its new occupant, a courtesan by the name of Babou de la Bourdaisière, that he is Francesco Melzi's apprentice and that he wishes to examine the inventions that still remain on the estate.
Under this cover, he starts to scour the estate: Babou's bedroom, Leonardo's workshop, the grounds, and dovecot, leaving no stone unturned. In the course of his investigations, he encounters a wide array of intriguing characters: Babou herself, Saturnin, a suspicious looking guardian, and the King of France himself. To accomplish his mission, he has to solve a series of enigmas devised by the great master himself if Da Vinci's inventions are to function again. On the trail of the genius, Valdo is no more aware of the secrets he is about to unveil as of the danger lurking in the dark.
• Total immersion guaranteed, through atmosphere, soundtrack and perfect modelisation of historic locations, such as the Manoir du Cloux, Leonardo da Vinci's workshop and the Château d'Amboise.
• A gripping, non-linear and complex plot, based on historical facts and extensive research.
• Meticulously detailed graphics with a total respect for history. Perfect reproductions of works, decors and clothing, recreated in collaboration with experts, including the management of the Château du Clos Luce.
• Complex characters with distinct personalities and hidden dimensions: Valdo, Saturnin, François I, Babou de la Bourdaisière and Leonardo da Vinci himself.
• The game's 14 chapters lead deep into the heart of the Great Master's Secret.
• Dozens of puzzles, based on Da Vinci's own work, requiring logical deduction and scientific knowledge.
• An interactive inventory system for collectables ensure a game that is easy to pick up.
• A Good and Evil gauge system: the player develops throughout the game adopting a positive or negative stance. According to the choices they make, players discover one of four possible endings.
• The portfolio, a game within a game, used by players to store manuscripts found along the way for printing, giving access to puzzles and clues.
• The player also has a journal to keep track of objectives, sketch the characters encountered and note down impressions about them.
• The developers's renowned savoir-faire. Their list of previous productions includes Return to Mysterious Island, Journey to the Moon, Secret of the Lost Cavern.
• The Secrets of Da Vinci: the Forbidden Manuscript is a quest back through time in search of jealously protected manuscripts.
The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript was developed in exclusive partnership with the Château du Clos Luce (formerly the Manoir du Cloux), Leonardo Da Vinci's last residence. The Clos Luce is today listed among France's most famous monuments. The involvement of the estate's owners guarantees the utmost historical respect of the game, and has enabled perfect modelisation of the estate and Da Vinci's work.
• Intel or PowerPC G5 processor running at 1.6 GhzThe Secrets Of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript costs $29.90 for the full version. Go to the site linked below for more information.
• 512 MB of memory
• 2 GB free space on your hard drive
• Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5
The Secrets Of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.