Quake Live Update Includes Mac Fixes
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 12 comments
id Software has announced a new update for Quake Live, the company's browser based first person shooter. Among other things the update includes a handful of Mac specific fixes. Based on the Quake III engine, the game challenges players to master their shooting and dodging skills as they battle with other players.
Here's a partial list of changes in the latest update:
Gameplay Changes:For more information click over to the link below.
Quake Live Update Change List
• Fixed an issue that would cause one flag to go missing during a CTF match.
• Fixed issues with s_musicvolume and s_volume getting reset to pre-defined values rather than user settings.
• Fix for on-screen damage indicator. The effect was incorrect. Three new cvars have been added as well to modify the effect. (cg_screenDamage, cg_screenDamage_Self, cg_screenDamage_Team)
• Fix for spectator overhead name text popping during scaling.
• Console timestamps fixed when using the "echo" command.
• Changes to shotgun pellet spread. Inner ring now does more damage than outer ring, for a total of 110 damage.
• cg_hudfiles will now default back to ui/hud.txt when incorrectly set.
Platform Specific Changes:
• OSX: (10.6 specific) Sound issues resulting in extremely loud audio should be fixed.
• OSX: Sound mixing speed fixed.
• OSX: Right mouse button fixes.
• OSX: Game window now always on top.
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 21, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.