6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Independent developer Simone Bevilacqua has released an update for BOH. The retro action game of exploration challenges players to travel through trap filled corridors, solve puzzles, and defeat enemies as they quest to find and defeat the Evil Masters. BOH features 25 missions and 5 difficulty levels.
Features in the latest update:
* replaces low obstacles with traps (f.ex. the pools of the theme "default" cause damage to the shield);Learn more about the game at the site below.
* adds dynamic sound to traps animations;
* adds acoustic feedback to shield discharges;
* improves the sound engine policies;
* simplifies and improves the automapper colors (dangerous places are indicated more clearly);
* increases the precision of and optimizes sprites rendering;
* removes pits borders along (transparent) barriers;
* refines video modes suggestions;
* removes the sort-by-name option;
* converts the characters set of themes to full ISO 8859-1;
* retouches the themes graphics slightly;
* improves the terminology;
* reworks some internal aspects of missions and themes for easier development of expansions;
* fixes the handling of alphachannel-less sprites (this bug had no practical consequences because no theme used such kind of graphics);
* adds a new tutorial mission;
* updates and improves the user's manual;
* applies some other changes.
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
Friday, September 4, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.