WoW Cataclysm Goblins Examined
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
GameSpot has published a new hands-on preview article featuring the Goblins, an upcoming new player race for World of Warcraft's next expansion, Cataclysm. The expansion will allow players to adventure as two new playable races, achieve new levels of power, take on challenging quests and dungeons in all-new zones, and experience dramatic changes to familiar aspects of the game in the wake of a world-shattering disaster.
Azeroth's goblins have traditionally been neutral by nature -- Horde or Alliance, they'll work with anyone as long as there's coin to be earned. The playable goblins introduced in the Cataclysm are part of the Bilgewater Cartel, hailing from the isle of Kezan. These playable goblins have slightly different character models from the goblins you're used to: they look somewhat more physically capable, though they still bear the exaggerated features and comical look of their neutral brethren.Follow the link below for the full article.
GameSpy: WoW Goblins Preview
Currently, goblins have too many racial abilities and bonuses, so it's only a matter of time before some of their cooler attributes are taken away. Still, what's currently in there fits in nicely with their distinctive flavor. Some of their racials are related to their economic background, while the others are advantages due to the technological power of their "Goblin All-in-1-der-Belt":
• Time is Money: Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed.
• Pack Hobgoblin: Call bank servant for 1 minute. 30 minute cooldown.
• Best Deals Anywhere: Always get best gold discount regardless of faction.
• Better Living Through Chemistry: Alchemy skill increased by 15.
• Rocket Barrage: Launch belt rockets, dealing fire damage. 2 minute cooldown, 30 yard range.
• Rocket Jump: Jump forward, instant on a 2 minute cooldown. Like a reverse of the Hunter's Disengage
World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, August 21, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.